Sunday, August 24, 2014

Downsizing

Well, all of my chickens are gone now, save the small flock I am keeping & taking with me.

I do have 1 rooster left that I need to sell. He's a beautiful,  large Silver Laced Wyandotte. He's a sweet rooster, and he crows beautifully!  I think I should always have a rooster,  just so I can hear him crow!  :)

I'm actually relieved that I am back to just one small flock. I had too many chickens: 62! It became work, instead of a hobby to enjoy.  Now I can watch them,  take better care of them,  and just delight in what the Lord made.

The same feeling I have about this house. It was never home, but a noose around my neck. Such debt & responsibility! Work, work, work, all the time. Ugh! I can't wait to get into my little cabin, where there is no yard work & upkeep.  All I have to do is keep my little cabin tidy. Praise God for that release! See, I had to let it go, and I'm so glad I did. Now comes true freedom: there is nothing to lose,  and nothing to tie me down.

The Lord has shown me so much these last few months. He is teaching me how to rest in Him, how to rely on Him, and trust in Him. He is showing me how to love, how to obey, and how to minister. There are so many people in need, and only Jesus Christ can fulfill their need. But Jesus needs His body to go to them.

My heart is so grateful, that I am allowed to walk here. It's truly a beautiful place to be. Never before have I relied on my Heavenly Father,  trusted Him, and truly believed in Him. Such contentment I've never experienced until now!

I can't wait to see where the Lord leads me next!!


No comments:

Post a Comment