Thursday, May 1, 2014

New Arrivals

(Originally Written Friday, March 14th)

So Monday Dad & I decided to build my chicken tractor. It was a lovely day outside, warm with lots of sunshine. Long story short, we spent ALL DAY working on this thing & it's still not done.

That night, dad, exhausted from the day's work (as I was myself) says to me, these chickens are beginning to be too much. We just have too many chickens, and we can't expand anymore, etc.etc. Well I completely agreed, I was tired to building things for these chickens.

Today I was talking with a coworker, and telling her how dad would kill me if I brought home any more chicks. After I got home this afternoon, dad calls me from Tractor Supply, and asks the following question:

"Would you like some Silver Laced Wyandottes? They have some chicks here."

((You could hear my jaw dropping to the floor))

I told him that OF COURSE I wanted them, but I really shouldn't. And that was the end of the conversation.

Later that afternoon, when Dad came home - Lo! And behold: He brought me 6 Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks!! Oh, I was fairly dancing with excitement! I've been wanting that breed, and now I have them! They will do very nicely with my Light Brahmas, I'm sure.



I just love being a chicken mom! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment